Spectrum Scientific, Inc. is the data controller for this website and can be contacted at the following address:
Spectrum Scientific, Inc., 16992 Hale Ave, Irvine, CA 92606, USA
or by email at email@example.com
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or mailing address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Personal Data may include: your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, job title, and professional interests.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes credit reference agencies, bank account and payment card details received at the point of transaction.
- Transaction Data includes details of products and services you have purchased from us and other details about payments to and from you.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, device type, unique device ID numbers, fingerprint, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, geographic location, and other technical information.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses, your interests and preferences that you have provided.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
We record interactions on our email newsletters and promotions (such as opens and clicks) to help us measure the effectiveness of our communications with you.
We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with the website, including pages accessed, visit dates and time, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and referral source information.
We may also collect information from you separately when you access certain types of content, such as white papers or webcasts, or when you enter competitions or complete surveys.
If you register, your profile may be linked to previously recorded data on site interactions.
How do we gather information?
Directly when a user account is created.
Indirectly, through browsing habits, web applications and so on.
Using social sign-on – You may opt to create an account using an existing social profile. You will be asked whether you are happy to share basic information with our system in order to complete your account details.
Website information is collected using cookies.
What do we use your information for?
We may collect information from you for several reasons including:
- Performance of a contract with you
- Legitimate interests (the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and products, the best and most secure experience and to protect our business), for example;
- to recover debts
- to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our product or services
- to develop our products and services and grow our business
- to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy
- To comply with a legal obligation
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
There are some circumstances, such as when accessing certain types of content (e.g. a white paper or a webcast), when we may pass on your details to a third party. You will always be asked to agree to this action separately and every time, and you may choose not to access such content if you do not want your details to be shared.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or correspondence, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that you do not receive future emails or correspondence from us.
We will usually retain your data for a period of 3 years from when your data was obtained or when you last had an interaction with us, whichever is the greater.
If you are or become a customer of Spectrum Scientific, we will keep your data for a minimum of 7 years after your last purchase with us as legally required for financial record keeping, or for as long as you are a user of our products or services.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Please refer to the Google Advertising Privacy Notice and Google’s Ads Setting page for more information about the ability to opt out.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In sharing your personal data with us you have the following rights:
You have the right to know who holds your personal data and what it is being used for.
You can ask us to share with you, or someone appointed by you, what personal data we hold about you at any time. Please email email@example.com with ‘Subject Access Request’ in the subject line.
If you notice that the personal data we hold concerning you is incorrect in any way then you have the right to request that we fix it.
Where your personal data is being processed using the lawful basis of ‘Legitimate Interest’, you have the right to object to us processing this data.
You have the right to request your personal data is erased from our systems. Note that if Spectrum Scientific has a legitimate reason to retain your data (e.g. to comply with a legal or contractual obligation) then your data may only be partially deleted or we may not be able to be delete it at all.
You may ask us to restrict processing of your personal data, this right is intended to serve as a pause to processing whilst your other rights are being exercised (e.g. you could request a pause in processing until data is rectified).
If you have a complaint about how Spectrum Scientific has handled your data then please report it to us in the first instance so we can put things right.
You can contact us at Spectrum Scientific, Inc., 16992 Hale Ave, Irvine, CA 92606, USA or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we do not deal with your concern adequately then you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
This policy was last modified on June 5th, 2018