Freeform mirrors are optics that have a non-symmetric optical surface and offer many advantages over conventional optics:
- Improved performance
- Redistribution of tolerances in the system design
- Reduction of the number of optics
- Fewer optics to align
- Reduction of the optical system volume
- Additional aberration correction
Using state of the art replication processes, Spectrum Scientific offers a cost effective method for the volume manufacture of freeform mirrors:
- Aluminum or glass substrates
- Ellipse and Paraboloid profiles
- Size from 0.5 inch diameter
- Typical surface figure down to λ/8 (λ/14 possible)
- Surface roughness down to 3.5Å
Our freeform mirrors are available with a range of coatings from 120nm to 10μm. For further information, please visit our Optical Coatings page.
Spectrum Scientific has considerable experience with volume manufacturing of freeform mirrors with over 10,000 mirrors shipped in 2019.
If you would like to learn more about freeform optics, please read our white paper on freeform optics or view our webinars on freeform optical design and manufacturing and freeform metrology
For volume pricing or custom designs, please complete our Request Information form or contact our sales team to discuss your specific requirements.